Thursday, July 29, 2010

I made up this design..I called it my "Space Key" like for a space ship...I don't know but when you were raising 5 children "a lone" and had one day a week to think up something fun for your self to have it just explodes out of you ...it was my therapy...I don't know what or how I would have made it with out my strong faith and my art.
This was one of my first pieces I made for a stylish women on Queen Anne hill where I live also...she had some diamonds that I set with the 14kt.gold tube setting(looks more interesting and no worries like with prong settings...the chain i made is gold and silver...I just really liked that look...all gold look too-too and silver just plain and not etched look hummm..less expensive).



I wish I had a side view of this pin I named "Circus Circus" because it was so crazy...or maybe my life was at the time...anyway it's about a half inch in depth,etched,w/tube that had a Garnet set in the end and then the 2 you can see...it was bought by an old beau for his new wife...this is about the time that I had to start selling to pay for my 2 oldest daughters for college..no college loans for them.


This is the piece that when I finished it I knew how to solder very well...my instructor at Pratt in Seattle was a wonderful woman from the Outback ..she was tall and so real...I always felt like I had just had a 4 hour therapy session when I was through with class...she was so talented and generous with her knowledge her name was Michelle Dejong...I still miss talking to her...but back to this piece, in the chain I had to solder 3 little balls on each element (about 30,then times 3=90 solders)the two hanging beads where casted in and old African technique it was a new experience and I went on to make very large( no Giant) hollow hearts this way in the late 90's and early 2000( I will post those at another time so you can see the few I have left).





This last piece is a shoulder pin that has a silver little frog on it and he is sitting at the edge of a pond that has gold May Flies in the water( I'm from Louisiana and we had big mayflies there).The hanging piece is Chinese Turquoise that has it's matrix still in it...more interesting to me than straight stone....a mother of a new friend I met when I went to NYC for 2 weeks to sell my wears(Another story) bought this piece ...she was crazy about the Frog...he was pretty cute.