Wednesday, July 28, 2010

This is from the late 80's

This pair of earring
s are very early pieces from me...I called it the "log jam"..I was trying to get texture and a 3D look...so I reticulated the silver(basically melting it in a controlled way)and added the moon stones....loved these.
This next one is of the acid etched on silver with 14 kt.gold adorned with 9 mm brogue pearls that had little gold and silver cups holding them...this was called the "Wedding Dance" because I had 2 daughters get married in the same week...and the pearls rolled and jumped around as I was doing during this crazy week. These are double pins that the chain can detach easily and the gold and diamond attached are my stud earrings I just screwed into and could also remove ...the top of the pins are cast and then soldered to the etched back...



This is again silver and gold and small
diamonds in tube setting to add a little something special...the silver was a tube that I squashed for easier wearing...all my elements make tinkling noises...love the energy....this is maybe 1989.


These are a pair of my
cowboy boots with reticulated SS heal pieces...again before acid etching started for me and I wanted them to go with the Python skin...I love them to this day although the skin is getting older as mine is also...64 this year...but I think Mom's should get credit for the kids in dog tears .7x5=35 +64=so i look REALLY GOOD 99.




A little more about me and how I started to make my art...5 kids, and it was all about therapy for me.I took classes at a block grant program in the south of Seattle that was run by a P.E. major (Edwin T. Pratt center)
I joke saying the only metal I was buying was for their mouths and if I wanted jewelry I was going to have to make myself....so I learned the basics there and no one told me no and the sky was my limit...so fun.(side note ,I did pay for 2 sets of braces from the chairman of the Orthodontic Dept. at U.W. because his wonderful wife a great doctor in asthma
and allergies already had a nice collection going for her and she love the new pieces I made especially for her(my dear friend Dr. Gail Shapiro and her most kind husband Peter.)